Erin McGaughey, Partner
Born in Los Angeles, California, Erin graduated from the University of California Santa Barbara (B.A. in Psychology 1997) and Loyola Law School (J.D. 2003).
Erin joined McGaughey & Spirito’s team of Redondo Beach family lawyers in 2003. She handles primarily litigated cases, including cases involving complex custody issues, financial issues, or business interests. Erin is a Certified Family Law Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California. In addition, Erin has been trained in and practicing collaborative law since 2006, providing a spectrum of solutions to draw from for each client, whether in a collaborative or general dissolution process.
After being named a Super Lawyer Rising Star from 2011 through 2013, a distinction provided to the top 2.5% of attorneys in Southern California, Erin was named a Super Lawyer in 2017. Erin is a former president of the South Bay Bar Association and is currently a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association Family Law Section’s Executive Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support (Modifications)
- Spousal Support (Modifications)
- Custody & Visitation Rights
- Domestic Violence/Restraining Orders
- California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2003
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, 2003 – J.D.
- University of California Santa Barbara, 1997 – B.A. Psychology
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Family Law Section’s Executive Committee
- Los Angeles County Bar Association- Member
- South Bay Bar Association – Past President
- A Better Divorce
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association
- Featured in Palos Verdes Peninsula News article, “Attorneys to honor mediator“, February 3, 2016